Navigate the tricky issues around cross-browser inconsistencies and use jQuery to avoid wasting time fixing these bugs.
Throughout this book, you'll discover how expressive yet concise jQuery’s code is and how much quicker and efficiently you can develop with jQuery.
Beginning jQuery takes you from the basics of getting you started with jQuery, right through to extending jQuery by writing your own plug-ins. You'll discover best practices you can follow, how you can avoid common mistakes, and learn about the many other assets that jQuery has to offer.
This second edition is completely updated for jQuery version 3.x, including integration with npm, using Yeoman and Jasmine, and guidelines for working with the Data set API specification.
What You'll Learn
- Use jQuery’s powerful tools to dynamically update content on your site, including DOM manipulation.
- Extend jQuery’s capabilities by writing your own plugins on top of the framework.
- Animate elements and build your own jQuery slider.
- Employ best practices and avoid common errors made by beginners.
Who This Book is For
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: The Basics of jQuery
Chapter 3: Traversing the DOM
Chapter 4: DOM Manipulation with jQuery
Chapter 5: An Introduction to Events
Chapter 6: More Events
Chapter 7: Animation
Chapter 8: Ajax with jQuery
Chapter 9: Writing a jQuery Plug-in
Chapter 10: More jQuery Plug-ins
Chapter 11: A jQuery Image Slider
- Title: Beginning jQuery: From the Basics of jQuery to Writing your Own Plug-ins, 2nd Edition
- Author: Jack Franklin, Russ Ferguson
- Length: 179 pages
- Edition: 2nd ed.
- Language: English
- Publisher: Apress
- Publication Date: 2017-12-18
- ISBN-10: 1484230264
- ISBN-13: 9781484230268
File Host: OneDrive
Format: True PDF, EPUB
Size: 4.1 MB