Quickly find solutions to common web development problems. Content is presented in the popular problem-solution format.
Look up the problem that you want to solve. Read the solution. Apply the solution directly in your own code. Problem solved!
ASP.NET Core Recipes is a practical guide for developers creating modern web applications, cutting through the complexities of ASP.NET, jQuery, React, and HTML5 to provide straightforward solutions to common web development problems using proven methods based on best practices.
The problem-solution approach gets you in, out, and back to work quickly while deepening your understanding of the underlying platform and how to develop with it.
Author John Ciliberti guides you through the MVC framework and development tools, presenting typical challenges, along with code solutions and clear, concise explanations, to accelerate application development. Solve problems immediately by pasting in code from the recipes,
or put multiple recipe solutions together to overcome challenging development obstacles.
What You'll Learn
- Take advantage of MVC's streamlined syntax
- Discover how to take full control over HTML
- Develop a simple API for creating RESTful web services
- Understand test-driven development
- Migrate a project from ASP.NET web forms to Core MVC, including recipes for converting DataGrids, Forms, Web Parts, Master Pages, and navigation controls
- Write unit tests for your MVC controllers, views, custom filters, and HTML helpers
- Utilize the latest features in Visual Studio 2017 to accelerate your Core MVC projects
- Identify performance bottlenecks in your MVC application
Who This Book Is For
Web developers of all skill levels who are l
ooking for a programming reference for ASP.NET Core MVC and would like to gain an understanding of the inner workings of the platform. In addition, parts of this book provide guidance to developers familiar with ASP.NET Web Forms who would like to update their skill set to include Core MVC.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: ASP.NET Core MVC Fundamentals
Chapter 2: Getting Started with ASP.NET Core MVC
Chapter 3: MVC Razor Syntax and HTML Helpers
Chapter 4: Using Tag Helpers
Chapter 5: Getting the Most from the New Features in ASP.NET Core MVC
Chapter 6: Solution Design Using ASP.NET Core MVC
Chapter 7: Test-Driven Development with ASP.NET Core MVC
Chapter 8: Moving from Web Forms to ASP.NET Core MVC
Chapter 9: Data Validation Using ASP.NET Core MVC
Chapter 10: Securing Your ASP.NET Core MVC Application
Chapter 11: Creating Modern User Experiences Using React.js and ASP.NET Core
- Title: ASP.NET Core Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach, 2nd Edition
- Author: John Ciliberti
- Length: 431 pages
- Edition: 2nd ed.
- Language: English
- Publisher: Apress
- Publication Date: 2017-10-06
- ISBN-10: 148420428X
- ISBN-13: 9781484204283
File Host: OneDrive
Format: True PDF, EPUB
Size: 7.2 MB